View Profile casinojack

9 Game Reviews

Tonight, on sixty minutes...

I haven't played the other Swords and Sandals game, but I figured I'd give this a try and found I really enjoyed it. I'm not usually one for these kind of games, but this had a good amount of variety, even for a demo.

Which brings me to my next point...It really grinds my gears when I see an extreme, over-the-top negative reaction from some users towards great developers who want to be able to make enough money to eat and pay the bills. Fun fact - it seems that everyone who left a bad review for that reason has never themselves contributed anything to this site.

I'm a developer too (granted, nowhere near your standard!) and I do find it funny when some users get pissy about the fact that we have the audacity to put an ad in a game, or put a link to another version on our own sites, or in your case upload a very comprehensive demo which could well be a full game in it's own right.
I realise it's a very small minority of users (probably very young angry kids who have no understanding of money or the real world), but it is still quite annoying and insulting to developers.

Anyways, rant over...Awesome game :)

hechaos responds:

Cheers mate, I feel your pain ! Appreciate the review. Yeah you hit the nail on the head, the only people who seem to flame these kinds of games have never developed anything in their life. I figure though most of them are just kids, so just take it with a grain of salt ;)

Not bad

Good old Khun Phaen, eh? *cough*hint*cough*

Good puzzle, nice presentation.

Very good start

Initially, I just thought this was yet another samey-TD game, but I decided to give it a chance.
I really like the mines - having to balance between defensive structures and resource collection can be tricky in the later levels.
Overall it definitely kept me entertained, until Firefox crashed :(

However, just a few possible suggestions -
-Upgradable weapons (Increase damage, range, etc)

-Place several weapons (currently if you want to place a few you have to keep clicking on the weapon button, maybe make the placement method more like Desktop tower defense)

-Add a few more map types (different routes for the enemies), different terrain, etc

-More enemy types

-Different weapons having higher/lower effects on different enemies (e.g. Flying enemies can only be hit by certain weapons)

-More sounds (different sounds for different weapons)

-Different projectiles for different weapons

Best of luck,